Thursday, June 10, 2010

REVIEW - THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME



This book has been on my TBR list for the longest time. It was well worth waiting for. I love the main character, Christopher. He's very funny at times. some of the math stuff I didn't get, but it was amazing all the same. When Christopher is trying to get to London and his mother, I got so frustrated with the people. I wanted to shout at them to leave him alone. It's frustrating enough for a "normal" person to travel but to be Autistic and trying to travel on your own would be an awful experience. The worst part is the LIE his father tells him. What LIE is that? You'll have to read the book to find out. It's a really awesome book!

5 comments:

Linda said...

It's been sometime since I read it but it is a fantastic book. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Goedi said...

it's a really tough book to talk about without giving too much away, save to say that it's an awesome attempt at showing what it's like to experience life in a different way.

Hannah Stoneham said...

I haven't read this yet although I would like to. I have read from a few people that they felt that the book simlifies autism and looks at it in a stereotypical way - but most people seem to think that it is a great book. Pleased to read that you enjoyed it and i will get to it eventually!

Happy Friday

Hannah

Emily Cross said...

aw i actually forgotten most of this book but I remember it being absolutely brilliant!!

Glad you enjoyed

Unknown said...

My hubby loved this book too. Its such a thin little book and is in my teetering ready to explode pile!
Soon very soon....