Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve


I don’t remember why I put this on my FITG list. Probably because it was on Oprah’s book club list. Anyway, I’d heard good things about the Pilot’s Wife and I’m glad I took the time to read it.
It was a fast read. I read it in a day. It was very engrossing. Kathryn is married to Jack, who’s plane crashes while leaving London. Kathryn has dreaded this day. The story follows Kathryn’s grief and discovery of things Jack kept from her.
Overall I enjoy the characters. Kathryn was very understandable. Julia, Kathryn’s grandmother, was wonderful. I couldn’t make my mind up about Robert of Jack. Both were hiding things from Kathryn so neither of them will really likeable.
This would be a terrific book for a plane ride or a beach read. You won’t want to put it down.

1 comments:

rohit said...

An enjoyable read The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve. loved the way you wrote it. I find your review very genuine and original, this book is going in by "to read" list.