Wednesday, February 8, 2012

J.C.'s Update

I was inspired by Moonrat's post to take a moment and post about what's been going on with this challenge. (Thanks Moonrat!)

So far I've only read 13 books. Kinda pathetic, but I'm hoping to catch up a bit this year.

I've read 4 since the last update and they are:

010. Capote, Truman -- Breakfast at Tiffany’s
011. Atwood, Margaret -- The Handmaid’s Tale
012. Gaiman, Neil -- The Graveyard Book
013. Hemingway, Ernest -- The Old Man and the Sea

My favorite of the lot was The Graveyard Book. The surprise was Breakfast at Tiffany's. Classic case of seeing the movie first and then reading the book, which was very different. Still a great read.

This year, my goal is to read at least 10 from my list. The ones I'm looking forward to most are:

Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
The Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
The Good Thief by Hannah Tinti
The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Hope all is going well with everyone else. Happy Reading!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi, I'm reading The Handmaid's Tale now. I'm stupidly reading it, I might add, because it isn't on my list! Funny, I've read 3 of the 4 you just posted, and I'm also at 13 read (from my list). Best luck to you