Sunday, January 9, 2011

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

Goodreads Description:
Twelve-year-old Meggie learns that her father, who repairs and binds books for a living, can "read" fictional characters to life when one of those characters abducts them and tries to force him into service.


I'll be honest, this was a hard book for me to finish. I just wanted it to end. It just kept going and going and going...you get the point. I felt like the plot never really thickened. That the climax could've come much earlier in the story.  That the character development never got really deep. I didn't connect with a single one. It was just a strange feeling after reading it. So, later I looked at some of the other reviews. My research led to believing it is either a love or a hate it kind of book. There wasn't much in between.  
In light of e-readers, I thought the job of repairing old books was an art that in a few years may just become that. An art.

1 comments:

Laura said...

I felt pretty much the way you do about Inkheart. And I listened to it as an audiobook. Lynn Redgrave read it so of course the narration was wonderful. But the story would just NOT END.