Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Girl She Used To Be By David Cristofano

I added this on to my Fill In The Gaps list after seeing numerous people talk, no, rave about it. I'm so glad I finally found out what the fuss was all about. This is a fantastic story. I had trouble putting it down. This is the story of Melody. Melody's in the Witness Protection Program. She's been in the program since she was 6. She's about 26 now. Despite this being a short book (only 240ish pages) there's a lot crammed in. We learn about Melody over the course of the book as well as Sean (Mr FBI protector) and Jonathan (has strong Mob ties). And we see Melody grow and change to become who she wants to be. The Girl She Used To Be was wonderful story about finding who you are. Great story, wonderful writing too.

0 comments: