Wednesday, March 2, 2011

REVIEW - TWO OLD WOMEN

"Two Old Women" by Velma Wallis



This is another book that has been on list to read for ages. This is a really good book. The writer takes you deep into the heart of Alaska during the bitter cold of Winter. These two women must survive somehow or die. I really liked the characters, Ch'idzigyakk, meaning Chickadee bird, and Sa' meaning Star. They are very determined to live what has happened to them. You can feel the worry, hunger and tiredness that these women go through. I was rooting for them the whole time I read the book. I wanted them to survive. They had to go back to a time when they were young and remember how to survive. Gathering wood, keeping a fire going, and trapping animals for food. They also had to travel a long way until they found the place where the fish was plentiful. Did they survive? What happened to the people that turned them out? You will have to read the book to find out. If you have a chance to read this book, please do. You won't be disappointed. You can see my complete review at Just Books.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds wonderful... thanks for calling my attention to it.