Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Alyce, Book Review, *The Godfather, *Mario Puzo

I finished my second book for the challenge - The Godfather by Mario Puzo. Visit my blog to read the full review.

Here's the Cliff's Notes version of my review:

I liked the book but not as much as I liked the movie. There were a couple of sections in the book that didn't appear in the movie and I thought they were not essential to the plot. Those nonessential sections also happen to contain a lot of graphic sex and crude descriptions, so they weren't my favorite.

3 comments:

Crystal Posey said...

You are braver than I. I've never even seen the movies.

moonrat said...

I enjoyed the book, in spite of myself. I come from an Italian family, and it's funny how much of it applied... or rather, how much DIDNT.

Merry Monteleone said...

I liked it, too, moonie, and I'm not only Italian but Sicilian. I think it was the writing, though. The movie was good in its own right... and that's a different animal entirely.

I've read a couple of Puzo's but my favorite of all time is The Fortunate Pilgrim - that's just a really good novel - no mafia hype or anything like that.