Monday, May 18, 2009

Mya Review *Anne Bronte* The Tenant of Wildfell Hall

I promise I’ll make this a smaller review than my last one. I’ll post the longer review up on my blog (which I started specifically for this project). First of all, I really enjoyed this book. The message of the story was easy to find and to follow, and I found myself completely wrapped up in the lives of the main and secondary characters. The people and places had full depth and complemented the story in ways so many authors seem to miss.

“The Tenant of Wildfell Hall” is a cautionary tale about hasty marriage, and allowing your heart to overrule your common sense. I can definitely see why this book would have been considered scandalous at the time (and is still slightly shocking today), and many times had the image of a woman sneaking it into her room to read so no one would see her. While Anne is the sister of the seemingly more famous Charlotte Bronte (“Wuthering Heights”), she most definitely carves out a niche of her own with this book. You can find the full review here: http://myabarrett.blogspot.com/

0 comments: