Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mya Review *The Good Earth* Pearl S. Buck


I just finished this book last night. I have to say, I did enjoy the story. I wasn't necessarily dazzled and awe inspired, but I did like it. I can definitely see why it's a classic, and I would encourage anyone to read it.

In the end, "The Good Earth" is a very good read about life in a time that most of us have never experienced. At its heart, for me, it also felt like a tale of the human condition, of how things can change, and how people change (and don't change) because of that.

This wasn't exactly an all time favorite read, I'll admit. But it was definitely a book that kept me interested, and it was one that made me feel and understand things that I hadn't really considered before. I would say pick it up and add it to your classic collection. Full Review Here: Mya's Blog

2 comments:

ImageNations said...

thanks for leading me there....

Unknown said...

I loved this book so much, I read the whole trilogy! :)