Sunday, August 16, 2009

Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey

I am alive and I am reading, just very slowly. It's a good thing I joined this group because otherwise I would never complete any of the books on my list. On to the review...

What made me put this book on my list was that my husband read it, finished it, raved about it, and then acted on it. A rare thing for either of us when it comes to a self help book. This book has put a little bit of my faith back in self help books. Some of these people do actually know what they are talking about.

This review will be short and sweet because to me the book was just that. I'm not speaking in terms of length but in comprehension. In short, this man just makes sense. He explains things well and cuts through all the hoopla. I also appreciated the fact that even though the book is primarily about finances he touches on other aspects of life.

He is also truthful and blunt, something I like and can appreciate. His methods are not easy and take sacrifice, hard work, and focus. If you live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

Since reading this we have paid off a loan, gone on a spur of the moment trip, fixed a flat the day it occurred, and learned how NOT to touch our stock and let it build. If you need a good financial push then I encourage you to read this book.

3 comments:

ImageNations said...

interesting. have always been scared about the financials...and the present occurrences make me wonder the more...

Anonymous said...

This article is really interesting..nice information..

___________________
Andrew
Email Marketing Solutions

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

I found your blog researching Dave, we are trying to start Dave again 100%! good luck to you!

HS