Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mya Barrett, Book Review *John LeCarre *The Spy Who Came In From The Cold

What can I say about this book? When I first picked it up, I had no expectations at all. I'd heard the title, of course, heard people rave about it.

The book was a much easier read than anticipated. It was well written, extremely well paced, very interesting, nicely drawn, and in most parts intriguing. I enjoyed the main character, very much liked the secondary ones, and found myself flying through the pages.

And then I got to the end. By the time I was through with the last chapter, I couldn't decide if I was angry, upset, or just plain disappointed. This, of course, is a personal opinion. You might love the ending. I, however, did not.

You can read the full review here: Mya Barrett Blog

3 comments:

Linda said...

I read that sometime ago and I don't remember it fondly. I don't think I liked the end either.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I have never read this book but have often wanted to. I've seen the movie years ago and didn't like the ending of that either. But I'm not a big fan of Richard Burton either.

Sherrie

Mya Barrett said...

I am so, so, so glad I'm not the only one who didn't care for the ending. I felt guilty somehow that I didn't. Now I know I'm not completely crazy. Just a little nuts.