Thursday, June 18, 2009

Review: We Were The Mulvaneys

We Were The Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates


This book had been lying around for a long time on the shelf , when I finally picked it up to read it , it was because this was the first book, that I could pull out in a rainy afternoon to while away my time. Now little did I know at that time ,that I would need more than an afternoon to finish this really beautiful piece of literature.


Joyce Carol Oates book takes a look at Mulvaney family of High Point Farm which is torn apart by a single incident which goes to have repercussions on the entire family. Story set in 1970s makes a real insightful read.

I had it up on the Fill In the Gap list so an added bonus for me. I have put up my complete review here. Check it out. 2 down ,98 more to go for this challenge.


1 comments:

Linda said...

I loved this story. My first intro to Oates, and I am such a fan now. Glad you enjoyed. the characters haunted me, as did the setting. Peace, Linda