Wednesday, June 10, 2009

REVIEW - ALIAS GRACE

"Alias Grace" by Margaret Atwood

This was a really hard book to keep reading, you don't know how many times I put this book down determined not to finish it! But about 1/2 way through I got interested enough to finish it and see what really happened to Grace. The whole book is of Grace telling her story from the time she leaves Ireland, up to and including the murders of her employer, Thomas Kinnear and his mistress Nancy Montgomery. She is telling Dr. Jordan her life story from prison. I must admit it got kind of boring along the way. But about 1/2 way through it kind of picked up and I really wanted to find out what happened to Grace, Dr. Jordan, Jamie(who is a young man who testified against Grace at her trial and was employed by Thomas Kinnear), and of course Jeremiah, the peddler. If you happen to read this book, don't give up on it. It gets better!!

You can see my full post at my place, Just Books.

0 comments: